Skip to Main Content
Chapter 10: Enclosure--Building enclosure design for cross-laminated timber constructionAuthor(s): Samuel V. Glass; Jieying Wang; Steve Easley; Graham Finch
Source: In: CLT handbook: cross-laminated timber / edited by Erol Karacabeyli, Brad Douglas. -- U. S. ed. (Special publication, ISSN 1925-0495; SP-529E); 2013; 55 p.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (2.51 MB)
DescriptionNote: Clicking on the \'View\' option to download the PDF copy of the publication will redirect you to the web site www.masstimber.com where you will need to register prior to downloading.
Cross-laminated timber #CLT# was developed in Europe for the prefabricated construction of wall, roof, and flooring elements. Adaptation of CLT for use in the United States requires consideration of the different climates, building codes, and construction methods in this country.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGlass, Samuel V.; Wang, Jieying; Easley, Steve; Finch, Graham. 2013. Chapter 10: Enclosure--Building enclosure design for cross-laminated timber construction. In: CLT handbook: cross-laminated timber / edited by Erol Karacabeyli, Brad Douglas. -- U. S. ed. (Special publication, ISSN 1925-0495; SP-529E); 2013; 55 p.
KeywordsCross-laminated timber, building enclosure, building envelope, design, wall, roof, moisture, heat, insulation, air
- Chapter 1: CLT Introduction to cross-laminated timber
- Chapter 5: Connections Connections in cross-laminated timber buildings
- Chapter 4: Lateral design of cross-laminated timber buildings
XML: View XML