Skip to Main Content
South Dakota's Forests 2010Author(s): Ronald J. Piva; Brian F. Walters; Douglas D. Haugan; Gregory J. Josten; Brett J. Butler; Susan J. Crocker; Grant M. Domke; Mark A. Hatfield; Cassandra M. Kurtz; Andrew J. Lister; Tonya W. Lister; W. Keith Moser; Mark D. Nelson; Christopher W. Woodall
Source: Resour. Bull. NRS-81. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 60 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (16.85 MB)
DescriptionThe second completed annual inventory of South Dakota's forests reports 1.9 million acres of forest land. Softwood forests make up 68 percent of the total forest land area, with the ponderosa pine forest type by itself accounting for 60 percent of the total.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPiva, Ronald J.; Walters, Brian F.; Haugan, Douglas D.; Josten, Gregory J.; Butler, Brett J.; Crocker, Susan J.; Domke, Grant M.; Hatfield, Mark A.; Kurtz, Cassandra M.; Lister, Andrew J.; Lister, Tonya W.; Moser, W. Keith; Nelson, Mark D.; Woodall, Christopher W. 2013. South Dakota's Forests 2010. Resour. Bull. NRS-81. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 60 p.
Keywordsannual inventory, forest area, forest health, forest products, South Dakota
XML: View XML