Skip to Main Content
Florida, 2011-forest inventory and analysis factsheetAuthor(s): Mark J. Brown; Jarek Nowak
Source: e-Science Update SRS-SU-071. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 5 p.
Publication Series: Science Update
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.79 MB)
DescriptionForest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) factsheets are produced periodically to keep the public up to date on the extent and condition of the forest lands in each State. The forestrelated estimates in the factsheets are based upon data collected from thousands of sample plots distributed across the landscape in a systematic manner. The total number of these plots is divided into 5 panels, or layers, equaling 20 percent of the plots with the goal of sampling one panel per year until the entire complement of plots has been measured. At that time, the entire process renews, and as each panel is remeasured, it replaces or updates the 20 percent of plots it represents. This factsheet is an annualized update of the full 5-year cycle of panel data completed in 2007 and updated by combining and reprocessing with new 2009, 2010, and 2011 panel data. It represents 5 years of data, 60 percent of which are new since the last analytical report produced for 2007. The new data result in a “moving” average, and keep the inventory more up to date than if reported every 5 years at the end of the next full cycle of panels. Because these data represent a sample rather than a complete inventory of conditions, the most reliable trend information is obtained by comparing data from two full cycles (5 years of data) of completed panels (estimated to be available after the 2012 and 2013 data are processed). The data herein were extracted from the FIA database and Evalidator interface on the Southern Research Station (SRS) FIA Web site on January 24, 2013 at http://fia.fs.fed.us/tools-data/.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBrown, Mark J.; Nowak, Jarek. 2013. Florida, 2011-forest inventory and analysis factsheet. e-Science Update SRS-SU-071. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 5 p.
- Florida, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- North Carolina, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Forests of South Carolina, 2013
XML: View XML