Skip to Main Content
Bent Creek demonstration programAuthor(s): Erik C. Berg
Source: Proceedings of the National Silviculture Workshop; 1997 May 19-22; Warren, PA. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-238. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 153-154.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (131 KB)
DescriptionBent Creek Research and Demonstration Forest scientists have transferred the results of research on the ecology and management of Southern Appalachian hardwoods since 1925. Since 1989, a full-time technology transfer specialist has led demonstration efforts. The demonstration program was designed to quickly transfer research results to interested users and to free scientists to conduct research. Tours of the experimental forest, a large photo point program, customized demonstration publications, short course offerings, and publications are the focal points of the Bent Creek program.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationBerg, Erik C. 1997. Bent Creek demonstration program. Proceedings of the National Silviculture Workshop; 1997 May 19-22; Warren, PA. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-238. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 153-154.
- Bent Creek demonstration program
- Technology transfer: taking science from the books to the ground at Bent Creek Experimental Forest
- Demonstrating the value of a social science research program to a natural resource management agency
XML: View XML