Skip to Main Content
Determination of spatial scale of response unit for WASSI-C eco–hydrological model—a case study on the upper Zagunao River watershed of ChinaAuthor(s): Ning Liu; Peng-Sen Sun; Shi-Rong Liu; Ge Sun
Source: Chinese Journal of Plant Ecology 37(2):0–0
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (342.92 KB)
DescriptionMain publication is written in Chinese.
- Aims: Optimal spatial scale of hydrological response unit (HRU) is a precondition for eco-hydrological modeling as it is essential to improve accuracy. Our objective was to evaluate the spatial scale of HRU for application of the WASSSI-C model.
- Methods: We determined the best HRU scale for the eco-hydrological model (WASSI-C) through examining the modeling accuracies at different HRU thresholds. This study focused on a large watershed, the upper Zagunao River watershed, situated in the upper reach of the Minjiang River, Yangtze River Basin, China.
- Important findings: Variation of spatial scales in HRU significantly affected the modeling accuracy. With the increase of the spatial scale of HRU, the accuracy of simulated results firstly increased then remained relatively unchanged and then decreased, suggesting existence of a threshold around 85 km2 in HRU for this model for this watershed. We validated the model using this optimum spatial scale and discussed the potential to improve model output by addressing input parameters such as temperature.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLiu, Ning; Sun, Peng-Sen; Liu, Shi-Rong; Sun, Ge. 2013. Determination of spatial scale of response unit for WASSI-C eco–hydrological model—a case study on the upper Zagunao River watershed of China. Chinese Journal of Plant Ecology 37(2):0–0. doi: 10.3724/SP.J.1258.2013.00000
Keywordseco-hydrological model, hydrological response unit (HRU), spatial scale
- The effects of climate change and extreme wildfire events on runoff erosion over a mountain watershed
- Review of nitrogen fate models applicable to forest landscapes in the Southern U.S.
- Effect of assessment scale on spatial and temporal variations in CH4, C02, and N20 fluxes in a forested wetland
XML: View XML