Skip to Main Content
USDA Forest Service Global Change Research Program Highlights: 1991-1995Author(s): Richard Birdsey; Robert Mickler; David Sandberg; Richard Tinus; John Zerbe; Kelly O'Brian
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-237. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 122 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (15.0 MB)
DescriptionSummarizes research findings of the USDA Forest Service's Global Change Research Program. Research highlights are presented at national and regional scales within the following topic areas: atmosphere/biosphere gas and energy exchange; ecosystem dynamics; disturbance ecology; and human activities and natural resource interactions. Selected topics are reviewed in depth with individual papers covering the global carbon cycle, climate scenarios, multiple stress studies, changes in vegetation distribution, the United States carbon budget, and the human dimensions of global change. Also included is a progress report on development of an integrated national model of the effects of global change on forests and people.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBirdsey, Richard; Mickler, Robert; Sandberg, David; Tinus, Richard; Zerbe, John; O'Brian, Kelly, eds. 1997. USDA Forest Service Global Change Research Program Highlights: 1991-1995. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-237. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 122 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/NE-GTR-237.
- Environmental history [chapter 2]
- Finding aroma clues in the human breath to diagnose diseases
- Ecosystem services from forested landscapes: an overview
XML: View XML