Skip to Main Content
Elaphomyces appalachiensis and E. verruculosus sp. nov. (Ascomycota Eurotiales, Elaphomycetaceae) from eastern North AmericaAuthor(s): Michael A. Castellano; Gonzalo Guevara Guerrero; Jesus Garcia Jimenez; James M. Trappe
Source: Revista Mexicana de Micologia. 35: 17-22.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.39 MB)
DescriptionWe describe Elaphomyces verruculosus as new species from eastern North America, ranging from Quebec, Canada south along the eastern USA and along the Gulf Coast to northeastern México. E. verruculosus is similar in overall morphology to E. granulatus of Europe. In addition we re-describe E. appalachiensis and report it as occurring in Florida, Iowa, Tennessee, West Virginia and Mexico.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCastellano, Michael A.; Guerrero, Gonzalo Guevara; Jimenez, Jesus Garcia; Trappe, James M. 2012. Elaphomyces appalachiensis and E verruculosus sp nov (Ascomycota Eurotiales, Elaphomycetaceae) from eastern North America. Revista Mexicana de Micologia. 35: 17-22.
KeywordsPinus, Quercus, sequestrate, ectomycorrhiza
- Composition, structure, and intra-stand spatial patterns along a disturbance severity gradient in a Quercus stand
- Influence of gap-scale disturbance on developmental and successional pathways in Quercus-Pinus stands
- Approaches to restoration of oak forests on farmed lowlands of the Mississippi river and its tributaries (Avances en la restauración de bosques de roble en tierras bajas agrícolas del Río Mississippi y sus tributaries)
XML: View XML