Skip to Main Content
Plant diversity at Box-Death Hollow Wilderness Area, Garfield County, UtahAuthor(s): Wendy Rosler; Janet G. Cooper; Renee Van Buren; Kimball T. Harper
Source: RMRS-P-21. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 325-329.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (97.17 KB)
Description"The Box" is a canyon located in the western portion of Box-Death Hollow Wilderness Area, Garfield County, southern Utah. The objectives of this study included: (1) collect, identify and make a checklist of the species of vascular plants found in "The Box," (2) search for threatened and endangered species within the area, (3) provide an opportunity for high school students to develop research skills that contribute to the reservoir of scientific information. During a period of 2 years, students of the Provo High School Botany Club, the club advisor, and others collected and identified 304 species in 63 families. Twenty plant taxa collected during this study had not previously been reported for Garfield County, UT. Species-area relationships at this area are compared to selected locations in Utah.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRosler, Wendy; Cooper, Janet G.; Van Buren, Renee; Harper, Kimball T. 2001. Plant diversity at Box-Death Hollow Wilderness Area, Garfield County, Utah. In: McArthur, E. Durant; Fairbanks, Daniel J., comps. Shrubland ecosystem genetics and biodiversity: proceedings; 2000 June 13-15; Provo, UT. Proc. RMRS-P-21. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 325-329.
Keywordswildland shrubs, genetics, biodiversity, disturbance, ecophysiology, community ecology
- GLOBE ONE: A Community-Based Environmental Field Campaign
- Floristics [Chapter 3]
- Fire prevention film spots for television ... narrator influence on knowledge and attitude changes
XML: View XML