Skip to Main Content
Proceedings of the XIII International Symposium on Biological Control of Weeds; September 11-16, 2011; Waikoloa, Hawaii, USAAuthor(s): Yun Wu; Tracy Johnson; Sharlene Sing; S. Raghu; Greg Wheeler; Paul Pratt; Keith Warner; Ted Center; John Goolsby; Richard Reardon
Source: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team, 2012-07. Online: http://www.invasive.org/publications/xiiisymposium/
Publication Series: Full Proceedings
Station: Washington Office
PDF: View PDF (9.0 MB)
DescriptionA total of 208 participants from 78 organizations in 19 countries gathered at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott on the Big Island of Hawaii on September 11-16, 2011 for the XIII International Symposium on Biological Control of Weeds. Following a reception on the first evening, Symposium co-chairs Tracy Johnson and Pat Conant formally welcomed the attendees on the morning of September 12, and introduced Bill Steiner, Dean of the College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management, University of Hawaii at Hilo, who provided opening remarks on future directions of invasive species control in Hawaii and the world. The Symposium keynote address, "Finding the weapons of biomass destruction identifying potential biocontrol agents by applying principles of chemical coevolution," was delivered by May Berenbaum, Department of Entomology, University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign).
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWu, Yun; Johnson, Tracy; Sing, Sharlene; Raghu, S.; Wheeler, Greg; Pratt, Paul; Warner, Keith; Center, Ted; Goolsby, John; Reardon, Richard, eds. 2013. Proceedings of the XIII International Symposium on Biological Control of Weeds; September 11-16, 2011; Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team, 2012-07. Online: http://www.invasive.org/publications/xiiisymposium/
Keywordsbiological control, weeds, invasive species control
- Releases of natural enemies in Hawaii since 1980 for classical biological control of weeds
- Proceedings: 19th International Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation of Wood Symposium
- Proceedings of the symposium on dwarf mistletoe control through forest management, April 11-13
XML: View XML