Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Trend analyses and projections using national forest inventory dataAuthor(s): Greg C. Liknes; Randall S. Morin; Charles D. Canham
Source: Mathematical and Computational Forestry and Natural-Resources Sciences. 5(2): 112-114.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (183.62 KB)
DescriptionWe present a collection of papers derived from the 2012 Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium held on December 4-6, 2012 in Baltimore, MD, USA. The symposium featured 128 oral presentations with nearly 200 attendees from the United States and other countries. A proceedings from the symposium included 75 papers as well as abstracts for all presentations and posters. The symposium theme, Moving from Status to Trends, focused on the ability to perform trend or time series analysis using national forest inventory data. A wide range of topics were covered including forest products, social dimensions of forestry, landscape change, analytical tools, Landsat time series, forest carbon, and many others. Based on these presentations, we have assembled a selection of several papers that presented examples of trend analyses and projections using forest inventory data. This Special Issue contains four of these papers that passed the MCFNS double-blind peer-review by a minimum of three peers.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLiknes, Greg C.; Morin, Randall S.; Canham, Charles D. 2013. Trend analyses and projections using national forest inventory data. Mathematical and Computational Forestry and Natural-Resources Sciences. 5(2): 112-114.
Keywordsforest inventory, forest monitoring, trends, projections, time series, FIA
- Moving from status to trends: Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) symposium 2012
- Abstracts of Moving from status to trends: Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) symposium 2012
- Poster abstracts of Moving from status to trends: Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) symposium 2012
XML: View XML