Skip to Main Content
The history and future of the forest industry of Irkutsk provinceAuthor(s): Dennis V. Dayneko; Eric J. Gustafson
Source: In: Madry, Cezary, ed. Regions and their socio-economic growth. Institute of Socio-Economic Geography and Spatial Management. Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznari: 29-44.
Publication Series: Paper (invited, offered, keynote)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (5.92 MB)
DescriptionMultiple global changes are impacting Russia today. Economic transformations in Russia have prompted the establishment of new relations in economic, institutional and ecological spheres, including within the Forest Industry. This paper focuses on the Forest sector in Irkutsk province and beyond, examining the basic problems related to the transformation of the forest industry of Irkutsk province, and the major factors and conditions influencing dynamics of institutional structure transformation. A brief historical digression and the analysis of institutional structures are also presented.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDayneko, Dennis V.; Gustafson, Eric J. 2013. The history and future of the forest industry of Irkutsk province. In: Madry, Cezary, ed. Regions and their socio-economic growth. Institute of Socio-Economic Geography and Spatial Management. Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznari: 29-44.
KeywordsIrkutsk, forest industry, institutional structure, institutional changes, global changes, ownership, legislature, taxes
- Institutional innovations in the forest industry in Russia: a case study of Irkutsk province
- Governance of non-wood forest products in Russia and Ukraine: Institutional rules, stakeholder arrangements, and decision-making processes
- The early mills, railroads, and logging camps of the Crossett Lumber Company
XML: View XML