Skip to Main Content
North Carolina, 2011 forest inventory and analysis factsheetAuthor(s): Mark J. Brown; Barry D. New
Source: e-Science Update SRS-SU-080. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 5 p.
Publication Series: Science Update
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.54 MB)
DescriptionForest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) factsheets are produced periodically to keep the public updated on the extent and condition of forest lands in each State. Estimates in the factsheets are based upon data collected from thousands of sample plots distributed across the landscape in a systematic manner. In North Carolina, this process is a collaborative effort between the United States Forest Service and the North Carolina Forest Service. This factsheet is an annualized update of the last complete survey collected from 2003 to 2007 and refreshed by reprocessing with data collected in 2009, 2010, and 2011 to obtain an estimate for the year 2011. Thus, the 2011 data represent a complete survey collected from 2003 to 2011 of which 45 percent is new data. This factsheet compares data for 1990, 2002, 2007, and 2011 extracted from the FIA database and Evalidator interface on the Southern Research Station FIA Web site on April 30, 2013 at http://fia.fs.fed.us/tools-data/.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBrown, Mark J.; New, Barry D. 2013. North Carolina, 2011 forest inventory and analysis factsheet. e-Science Update SRS-SU-080. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 5 p.
- North Carolina, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Florida, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Forests of South Carolina, 2013
XML: View XML