Skip to Main Content
Template for assessing climate change impacts and management options: TACCIMO user guide version 2.2Author(s): Emrys Treasure; Steven McNulty; Jennifer Moore Myers; Lisa Nicole Jennings
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-GTR-186. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 33 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.58 MB)
DescriptionThe Template for Assessing Climate Change Impacts and Management Options (TACCIMO) is a Web-based tool developed by the Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture to assist Federal, State, and private land managers and planners with evaluation of climate change science implications for sustainable natural resource management. TACCIMO is a dynamic information framework focused on assisting natural resource professionals with the integration of climate change into decision-support processes. A searchable repository of peer-reviewed climate change literature on effects and management options is accessible through a Web-based tool. A geospatial mapping application provides high-resolution climate data and other spatially explicit models relevant to evaluating climate change impacts on forests through modeling. Report generators assist users in capturing outputs specific to a given location and resource area in a consistent, organized manner. For Forest Service users, science findings can be readily linked with management conditions and capabilities from national forest land and resource management plans. Collectively, the TACCIMO tools provide a fast, concise, and creditable starting point to guide critical thinking, additional analysis, and expert consultation supportive of resource management decision making.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTreasure, Emrys; McNulty, Steven; Moore Myers, Jennifer; Jennings, Lisa Nicole. 2014. Template for assessing climate change impacts and management options: TACCIMO user guide version 2.2. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-GTR-186. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 33 p.
KeywordsClimate change, decision support, forest planning, technology transfer
- Responding to climate change in national forests: a guidebook for developing adaptation options
- Web-based forest resources management decision support system
- Understanding Climate Change Perceptions, Attitudes, and Needs of Forest Service Resource Managers
XML: View XML