Skip to Main Content
Kentucky's timber industry, 2011 - timber product output and use - forest inventory and analysis factsheetAuthor(s): James W. Bentley; Jason A. Cooper; Michael Howell
Source: e-Science Update SRS-SU-091. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Science Update
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (990.04 KB)
DescriptionThis science update contains the findings of a 2011 canvass of all primary wood-using plants in Kentucky, and presents changes in product output and residue use since 2009. It complements the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) annual inventory of volume and removals from the State’s timberland. The canvass was conducted to determine the amount and source of wood receipts and annual timber product drain, by county, in 2011 and to determine interstate and cross-regional movement of industrial roundwood. Only primary wood-using mills were canvassed. Primary mills are those that process roundwood in log or bolt form or as chipped roundwood. Examples of industrial roundwood products are saw logs, pulpwood, veneer logs, poles, and logs used for composite board products. Mills producing products from residues generated at primary and secondary processors were not canvassed. Trees chipped in the woods were included in the estimate of timber drain only if they were delivered to a primary domestic manufacturer.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBentley, James W.; Cooper, Jason A.; Howell, Michael. 2014. Kentucky's timber industry, 2011 - timber product output and use - forest inventory and analysis factsheet. e-Science Update SRS-SU-091. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 4 p.
- North Carolina’s timber industry, 2011—timber product output and use—forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Georgia’s timber industry, 2011—timber product output and use—forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Tennessee’s timber industry, 2011—timber product output and use—forest inventory and analysis factsheet
XML: View XML