Skip to Main Content
East Texas, 2012—Forest Inventory and Analysis FactsheetAuthor(s): Thomas J. Brandeis; Jason A. Cooper; James W. Bentley
Source: e-Science Update SRS-SU-086. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Science Update
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.39 MB)
DescriptionThis science update summarizes the findings of the statewide annual inventory of the forest resource attributes in Texas conducted by the Southern Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Program in cooperation with the Texas A&M Forest Service. The 254 counties of Texas are consolidated into seven FIA survey units—southeast (unit 1), northeast (unit 2), north central (unit 3), south (unit 4), west central (unit 5), northwest (unit 6), and west (unit 7). East Texas is made up of units 1 and 2 with a total of 43 counties, while central and west Texas consist of units 3 through 7 (fig. 1). This overview represents the 2003 to 2012 moving average for east Texas provided by the remeasurement of annual inventory plots.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBrandeis, Thomas J.; Cooper, Jason A.; Bentley, James W. 2014. East Texas, 2012—Forest Inventory and Analysis Factsheet. e-Science Update SRS-SU-086. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 4 p.
- East Texas, 2011 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Texas, 2008 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Texas, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
XML: View XML