Skip to Main Content
User's guide to FBASE: Relational database software for managing R1/R4 (Northern/Intermountain Regions) fish habitat inventory dataAuthor(s): Sherry P. Wollrab
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-34WWW. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 109 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (1.09 MB)
DescriptionFBASE is a microcomputer relational database package that handles data collected using the R1/R4 Fish and Fish Habitat Standard Inventory Procedures (Overton and others 1997). FBASE contains standard data entry screens, data validations for quality control, data maintenance features, and summary report options. This program also prepares data for importation into an ARC/INFO Geographic Information System. Users have easy access to their habitat inventory data in both a raw and summarized format. FBASE is a stand-alone program and has minimal requirements for RAM and hard drive space, making it feasible for running on most systems. The data tables are in a format that makes them easily transportable to other software programs if users wish to further analyze their data or produce custom reports.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWollrab, Sherry P. 1999. User's guide to FBASE: Relational database software for managing R1/R4 (Northern/Intermountain Regions) fish habitat inventory data. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-34. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 109 p.
KeywordsFish habitat variables, computer program, data entry, summary reports, data tables, data management, standard procedures
- NFDRSPC: The National Fire-Danger Rating System on a Personal Computer
- Computerization of the Arkansas Fishes Database
- Creating FGDC and NBII metadata with Metavist 2005.
XML: View XML