Skip to Main Content
Moisture in Crawl SpacesAuthor(s): Anton TenWolde; Samuel V. Glass
Source: Wood Design Focus, Volume 23, Number 3, fall issue 2013; pp. 11-17.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (925.08 KB)
DescriptionCrawl space foundations can be designed and built to avoid moisture problems. In this article we provide a brief overview of crawl spaces with emphasis on the physics of moisture. We review trends that have been observed in the research literature and summarize cur-rent recommendations for moisture control in crawl spaces.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTenWolde, Anton; Glass, Samuel V. 2013. Moisture in Crawl Spaces. Wood Design Focus, Volume 23. Number 3, fall issue 2013; pp. 11-17.
KeywordsCrawl space, moisture, moisture control, dampness in buildings, wood floor, raised floor
- Floor foundations: preferences of new home buyers in six Southwestern United States markets
- Floor foundations: preferences of architects and builders in six Southwestern United States markets
- Moisture-barrier performance of ground covers in basementless homes
XML: View XML