Skip to Main Content
Million TreesNYC: the integration of research and practiceAuthor(s): Lindsay K. Campbell; Morgan Monaco; Nancy Falxa-Raymond; Jacqueline Lu; Andrew Newman; Ruth A. Rae; Erika S. Svendsen
Source: New York, NY: New York City, Parks and Recreation. 43 p.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (18.51 MB)
Related Research Highlights Tree Planting Programs a Gateway to Strong Civic Engagement
DescriptionMillionTreesNYC is an ambitious campaign to plant and care for one million new trees in New York City. Implemented by the City of New York Department of Parks & Recreation and the nonprofit New York Restoration Project, this innovative, citywide effort crosses property jurisdictions and physical sites. The goal is to enhance the entire 'green matrix' of the urban forest across streets, recreational parks, natural areas, schools, public housing campuses, and private yards. A healthy urban forest helps make New York City 'greener and greater' and supports the goals of the city's sustainability plan, PlaNYC2030.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCampbell, Lindsay K.; Monaco, Morgan; Falxa-Raymond, Nancy; Lu, Jacqueline; Newman, Andrew; Rae, Ruth A.; Svendsen, Erika S. 2014. Million TreesNYC: the integration of research and practice. New York, NY: New York City, Parks and Recreation. 43 p.
- Reading the landscape: citywide social assessment of New York City parks and natural areas in 2013-2014
- New York City, New York Municipal Forest Resource Analysis
- Planting forests in NYC: Is the goal restoration, reforestation, or afforestation?
XML: View XML