Skip to Main Content
Forests of North Dakota, 2013Author(s): David E. Haugen
Source: Resource Update FS-4. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
Download Publication (205.0 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in North Dakota based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the North Dakota Forest Service. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. The estimates presented in this update are for the measurement year 2013 with comparisons made to data reported in 2008. The sample plot population in North Dakota consists of 7,622 plots, collected across a period of 5 years (about 1,524 plots, or about 20 percent of the data per year). The estimates for 2008 and 2013 consist of 5 years of data collected using the annualized sampling and estimation procedures. The data used in this publication were accessed from the FIA Database on February 2014.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaugen, David E. 2014. Forests of North Dakota, 2013. Resource Update FS-4. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-4.
XML: View XML