Skip to Main Content
Forests of Wisconsin, 2013Author(s): Charles H. Perry
Source: Resource Update FS-6. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: View PDF (567.55 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in Wisconsin based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Data estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. The estimates presented in this update are for the measurement year 2013 with comparisons made to data reported in 2008. The sample plot population in Wisconsin consists of 12,545 plots, collected across a period of 5 years (about 2,500 plots, or about 20 percent of the data per year). The estimates in 2013 consist of 5 years (100 percent) of data collected using the annualized sampling and estimation procedures. Growth, removals, and mortality estimates are based on 5 years of data (100 percent of the total sample), or 12,545 plots. The data used in this publication were accessed from the FIA database in March and April, 2014.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPerry, Charles H. 2014. Forests of Wisconsin, 2013. Resource Update FS-6. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML