Forests of Indiana, 2013Author(s): Dale D. Gormanson
Source: Resource Update FS-8. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: View PDF (833.89 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in Indiana based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized strategic sample design and are updated yearly. The estimates presented in this update are for the measurement years 2009-2013 with comparisons between estimates reported in 2008. The current 2009-2013 sample set consists of 7,065 plots with 1,809 of them being forested or partially forested. About 20 percent of the plots were measured each year with observations collected across a period of 5 years. Data used in this publication were accessed from the FIA Database in April 2014.
The total acreage of forest land and percentage of acreage privately owned has been revised by the authors and these revisions were incorporated into the publication (page 2) on July 10, 2015.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGormanson, Dale D. 2014. Forests of Indiana, 2013. Resource Update FS-8. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML