Skip to Main Content
Forests of Minnesota, 2013Author(s): Patrick D. Miles; Curtis VanderSchaaf
Source: Resource Update FS-9. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: View PDF (421.89 KB)
DescriptionThis science update provides an overview of forest resources in Minnesota based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Estimates are based on field data, collected using the FIA annualized sample design, for the measurement years 2009-2013 with comparisons made to field data collected using the annual design in 2004-2008. The 2009-2013 sample data consist of 6,221 field measured plots on forest land, with about 20 percent collected per year. Data used in this publication were accessed from the FIA Database in April 2014.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiles, Patrick D.; VanderSchaaf, Curtis. 2014. Forests of Minnesota, 2013. Resource Update FS-9. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML