Skip to Main Content
Round Top Butte Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 46Author(s): Marcia L. Wineteer; Reid Schuller
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-895. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 31 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (5.56 MB)
DescriptionThis guidebook describes major biological and physical attributes of the 243-ha (600-ac) Round Top Butte Research Natural Area. The area supports high-quality examples of valley upland grasslands and savanna of the Cascade foothills. Plant communities include Oregon white oak (Quercus garryana) savanna and open woodland with forbs and grasses; ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa)-Oregon white oak woodland; bluebunch wheatgrass-California oatgrass-Lemmon’s needlegrass (Pseudoroegneria spicata-Danthonia californica-Achnatherum lemmonii) grasslands; and tufted hairgrass (Deschampsia cespitosa)-California oatgrass vernally flooded prairie.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWineteer, Marcia L.; Schuller, Reid. 2014. Round Top Butte Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 46. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-895. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 31 p.
KeywordsResearch Natural Area, area of critical environmental concern, Quercus garryana, Oregon white oak, Pinus ponderosa, ponderosa pine, Pseudoroegneria spicata, bluebunch wheatgrass, Danthonia californica, California oatgrass, Achnatherum lemmonii, Lemmon's needlegrass, valley grassland, savannah, and woodland.
- Response of mountain meadows to grazing by recreational pack stock
- A meadow site classification for the Sierra Nevada, California
- In situ assay of nitrate reductase activity using portable water bath
XML: View XML