Future Forests Webinar Series, Webinar Proceedings and Summary: Ongoing Research and Management Responses to the Mountain Pine Beetle OutbreakAuthor(s): M. Matonis; R. Hubbard; K. Gebert; B. Hahn; C. Regan
Source: Proceedings RMRS-P-70. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 80 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (0 B)
DescriptionThe Future Forest Webinar Series facilitated dialogue between scientists and managers about the challenges and opportunities created by the mountain pine beetle (MPB) epidemic. The series consisted of six webinar facilitated by the USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station, the Northern and Rocky Mountain Regions, and the Colorado Forest Restoration Institute. The series ran from October 2011 to December 2012 and covered a variety of topics related to the MPB epidemic: potential fire risk and behavior, current and future vegetation conditions, wildlife habitats and populations, social and economic considerations, ecosystem- and watershed-level changes, and management responses. The purpose of these proceedings is to relate information shared during the webinar series (rather than to summarize all available research on implications of the MPB epidemic). These proceedings represent a snapshot of relevant scientific and management concerns related to this epidemic. In the coming decades, additional research and lessons learned by managers will continue to deepen and broaden our understanding of the future of post-epidemic forests.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMatonis, M.; Hubbard, R.; Gebert, K.; Hahn, B.; Miller, S.; Regan, C. 2014. Future Forests Webinar Series, Webinar Proceedings and Summary: Ongoing Research and Management Responses to the Mountain Pine Beetle Outbreak. Proceedings RMRS-P-70. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 80 p.
Keywordsmountain pine beetle, lodgepole pine, forest change, socio-economic impacts, wildlife habitat
- Overview of the Future Forest Webinar Series [Chapter 1]
- Webinar summary: Important findings for managers [Chapter 2]
- Moving forward: Responding to and mitigating effects of the MPB epidemic [Chapter 8]
XML: View XML