Skip to Main Content
City of Minneapolis, Minnesota Municipal Tree Resource AnalysisAuthor(s): E.G. McPherson; J.R. Simpson; P.J. Peper; S.E. Maco; S.L. Gardner; K.E. Vargas; S. Cozad; Q. Xiao
Source: [Technical Report]. U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station, Center for Urban Forest Research. 42 p
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionMinneapolis, a vibrant city, renowned for its lakes, its livability, and its cultural wealth, maintains trees as an integral component of the urban infrastructure. Research indicates that healthy trees can mitigate impacts associated with the built environment by reducing stormwater runoff, energy consumption, and air pollutants. Trees improve urban life, making Minneapolis a more enjoyable place to live, work, and play, while mitigating the city’s environmental impact. Over the years, the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board has invested millions in its municipal forest. The primary question that this study asks is whether the accrued benefits from Minneapolis’s municipal forest justify the annual expenditures
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcPherson, E.G.; Simpson, J.R.; Peper, P.J.; Maco, S.E.; Gardner, S.L.; Vargas, K.E.; Cozad, S.; Xiao, Q. 2005. City of Minneapolis, Minnesota Municipal Tree Resource Analysis. USDA Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station, Center for Urban Forest Research, Davis, CA. 42 p.
- City of Berkeley, California Municipal Tree Resource Analysis
- City of Charleston, South Carolina Municipal Forest Resource Analysis
- City of Charlotte, North Carolina Municipal Forest Resource Analysis
XML: View XML