Skip to Main Content
Forest resources of MissouriAuthor(s): The Forest Survey Organization Central States Forest Experiment Station
Source: Forest survey release no. 6. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Central States Forest Experiment Station. 19 p.
Publication Series: Forest Survey Release
Station: Central States Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (4.32 MB)
DescriptionSurvey releases have been published for each of the regions (Forest Survey Releases 1 to 5 inclusive) presenting the more significant statistics on forest area and timber volume. This release summarizes these data for the State as a whole. In some instances figures for individual forest types and species may not exactly equal the totals obtained by adding the figures in the five regional releases. This is due to the fact that minor types and species were grouped differently in several of the regional releases and the State summary. Later an analytical report for the State will be published, which will interpret forest area, timber volume, growth, and drain statistics in the light of existing and anticipated economic conditions. This interpretation will focus attention on the principal forest problems and will suggest possible solutions.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationCentral States Forest Experiment Station, The Forest Survey Organization. 1948. Forest resources of Missouri. Forest survey release no. 6. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Central States Forest Experiment Station. 19 p.
- Forest resources of the Riverborder region in Missouri
- Forest Resources of the southwestern Ozark region in Missouri
- Forest resources of Illinois
XML: View XML