Skip to Main Content
Chapter 1: CLT Introduction to cross-laminated timberAuthor(s): Sylvan Gagnon; E.M.(Ted) Bilek; Lisa Podesto; Pablo Crespell
Source: In: CLT handbook: cross-laminated timber / edited by Erol Karacabeyli, Brad Douglas. -- U. S. ed. 2013; pp. 1-45.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (20.49 MB)
DescriptionCross-laminated timber ( CLT), a new generation of engineered wood product developed initially in Europe, has been gaining increased popularity in residential and non-residential applications in several countries. Many impressive low- and mid-rise buildings built around the world using CLT showcase the many advantages this product has to offer to the construction sector.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGagnon, Sylvan; Bilek, E.M.(Ted); Podesto, Lisa; Crespell, Pablo. 2013. Chapter 1: CLT Introduction to cross-laminated timber. In: CLT handbook: cross-laminated timber / edited by Erol Karacabeyli, Brad Douglas. -- U. S. ed. 2013; pp. 1-45.
KeywordsCross-laminated timber, CLT, wooden multistory buildings
- Development of a ready-to-assemble tornado shelter from cross-laminated timber (CLT): impact and wind pressure testing
- Chapter 8: Fire Performance of Cross-Laminated Timber Assemblies (2012 US Edition)
- Chapter 5: Connections Connections in cross-laminated timber buildings
XML: View XML