Skip to Main Content
A Circular-Impact Sampler for Forest LitterAuthor(s): Stephen S. Sackett
Source: Res. Note SE-169. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 6 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (247 KB)
DescriptionSampling the forest floor to determine litter weight is a tedious, time-consuming job. A new device has been designed and tested at the Southern Forest Fire Laboratory that eliminates many of the past sampling problems. The sampler has been fabricated in two sizes (6- and 12-inch diameters), and these are comparable in accuracy and sampling intensity. This Note describes the characteristics, use, and construction dimensions of the new sampler.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationSackett, Stephen S. 1971. A Circular-Impact Sampler for Forest Litter. Res. Note SE-169. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 6 p.
- An improved method for collecting and monitoring pine oleoresin
- An improved tri-tube cryogenic gravel sampler.
- An overland flow sampler for use in vegetative filters
XML: View XML