Skip to Main Content
Nonmarket economic user values of the Florida Keys/Key WestAuthor(s): Vernon R. Leeworthy; J. Michael Bowker
Source: Silver Spring, MD: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Strategic Environmental Assessments Division. 41 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (69 KB)
DescriptionThis report provides estimates of the nonmarket economic user values for recreating visitors to the Florida Keys/Key West that participated in natural resource-based activities. Results from estimated travel cost models are presented, including visitor’s responses to prices and estimated per person-trip user values. Annual user values are also calculated and presented and are used along with estimates of activity person-days to derive estimates of activity-based user values. Estimates of annual user values are used to estimate the asset value of the resources of the area for visitor’s outdoor recreation uses. The report discusses the general uses of nonmarket economic use values and gives an example by putting the costs of water quality improvement and protection for the Florida Keys/Key West into perspective.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLeeworthy, Vernon R.; Bowker, J. Michael. 1997. Nonmarket economic user values of the Florida Keys/Key West. Silver Spring, MD: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Strategic Environmental Assessments Division. 41 p.
- Economic contribution of recreating visitors to the Florida Keys/Key West
- Valuing snorkeling visits to the Florida Keys with stated and revealed preference models
- Are the Keys loved to death? A study of diver specialization levels and preferences in the Florida Keys
XML: View XML