Skip to Main Content
New Mexico Forest Inventory and Analysis: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Project, Field Report: 2010-2012Author(s): Mary Stuever; John Capuano
Source: Res. Note RMRS-RN-68. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 34 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (536.22 KB)
DescriptionFor a 3-year period, from 2010-2012, the New Mexico Forestry Division utilized contractors to collect Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) data in New Mexico. Funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the State partnered with the Interior West FIA Program. Together, both agencies collected data on approximately 6,450 plots. This effort represents the largest statewide inventory of forest and woodlands to date for New Mexico. The data collection schedule deviated from standard FIA protocols of collecting annual panels of data each year; in contrast, this project collected data on an accelerated, compressed schedule that rapidly produced a current and comprehensive forest inventory dataset. Data analysis is published elsewhere and the focus of this report is to document the process of the data collection.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStuever, Mary; Capuano, John. 2014. New Mexico Forest Inventory and Analysis: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Project, Field Report: 2010-2012. Res. Note RMRS-RN-68. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 34 p.
Keywordsforest inventory and analysis (FIA), field procedures, partnership, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), New Mexico
- New Mexico’s forest resources, 2008-2014
- On FIA Variables For Ecological Use
- Forests of New Jersey, 2014
XML: View XML