Skip to Main Content
Stereo photo series for quantifying natural fuels.Volume XIII: grasslands, shrublands, oak-bay woodlands, and eucalyptus forests in the East Bay of California.Author(s): Clinton S. Wright; Robert E. Vihnanek
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-893. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 39 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (7.1 MB)
DescriptionFour series of photographs display a range of natural conditions and fuel loadings for grassland, shrubland, oak-bay woodland, and eucalyptus forest ecosystems on the eastern slopes of the San Francisco Bay area of California. Each group of photos includes inventory information summarizing vegetation composition, structure, and loading; woody material loading and density by size class; forest floor depth and loading; and various site characteristics. The natural fuels photo series is designed to help land managers appraise fuel and vegetation conditions in natural settings.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWright, Clinton S.; Vihnanek, Robert E. 2014. Stereo photo series for quantifying natural fuels. Volume XIII: grasslands, shrublands, oak-bay woodlands, and eucalyptus forests in the East Bay of California. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-893. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 39 p.
KeywordsWoody material, biomass, fuel loading, natural fuels, East Bay Regional Park District, Tasmanian bluegum, Eucalyptus globulus, California laurel, California bay, Umbellularia californica, California live oak, coast live oak, Quercus agrifolia, coyotebrush, Baccharis pilularis.
- Study on the Modification of Bleached Eucalyptus Kraft Pulp Using Birch Xylan
- Direct seeding of lemon-gum eucalyptus, redwood, and brushbox in Hawaii
- Direct seeding of brushbox, lemon-gum eucalyptus, and cluster pine in Hawaii
XML: View XML