Opportunities for addressing laminated root rot caused by Phellinus sulphuracens in Washington's forests: A Report from the Washington State Academy of Sciences in cooperation with the Washington State Department of Natural ResourcesAuthor(s): R. James Cook; Robert L. Edmonds; Ned B. Klopfenstein; Willis Littke; Geral McDonald; Daniel Omdahl; Karen Ripley; Charles G. Shaw; Rona Sturrock; Paul Zambino
Source: Olympia, WA: Washington State Academy of Sciences. 110 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.2 MB)
DescriptionThis report from the Washington State Academy of Sciences (WSAS) is in response to a request from the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) to "identify approaches and opportunities ripe for research on understanding and managing root diseases of Douglas-fir." Similar to the process used by the National Research Council, the WSAS upon agreeing to undertake a project such as requested by the DNR assembles a committee of state, regional, national, and/or international experts, as needed; develops a statement of task to guide the study; conducts the study; and makes recommendations based on the findings. The Committee that conducted this study included federal (both U.S. and Canadian), state, university, and private company representation from Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCook, R. James; Edmonds, Robert L.; Klopfenstein, Ned B.; Littke, Willis; McDonald, Geral; Omdahl, Daniel; Ripley, Karen; Shaw, Charles G.; Sturrock, Rona; Zambino, Paul. 2013. Opportunities for addressing laminated root rot caused by Phellinus sulphuracens in Washington's forests: A Report from the Washington State Academy of Sciences in cooperation with the Washington State Department of Natural Resources. Olympia, WA: Washington State Academy of Sciences. 110 p.
Keywordslaminated root rot, Phellinus sulphuracens, root diseases, Douglas-fir
- Extent and Distribution of Old Forest Conditions on DNR-Managed State Trust Lands in Eastern Washington
- Assessing socioeconomic resiliency in Washington counties.
- Models to predict suitable habitat for juvenile bull trout in Washington state
XML: View XML