Skip to Main Content
Inland wetland mineral soilsAuthor(s): Kimberly P. Wickland; Alex V. Krusche; Randall K. Kolka; Ayaka W. Kishimoto-Mo; Rodney A. Chimner; Stephen Ogle; Nalin Srivastava
Source: In: 2013 Supplement to the 2006 IPCC guidelines for national greenhouse gas inventories: wetlands. [Place of publication unknown]: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change: 5.1-5.34. Chapter 5.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (897.2 KB)
Related Research Highlights
Emerald Ash Borer Biocontrol Benefits the Health of Young Ash Trees
DescriptionThis chapter provides supplementary guidance for estimating and reporting greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and removals from managed lands with Inland Wetland Mineral Soils (IWMS) for all land-use categories (see Chapter 1 and decision tree in Chapter 1 in this supplement for what is specifically covered in this chapter in relationship to other chapters in this supplement). Information on Tier 1 default methods for Wetland Mineral Soil (WMS) is found in Table 2.3, Chapter 2, Volume 4 of the 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories (2006 IPCC Guidelines). This chapter covers "inland" managed lands with WMS; coastal lands with WMS are addressed in Chapter 4 (Coastal Wetlands) of this supplement. The distinction between "inland" and "coastal" zones is defined in Chapter 4. Constructed wetlands with IWMS are addressed in Chapter 6 (Constructed Wetlands for Wastewater Treatment) of this supplement.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWickland, Kimberly P.; Krusche, Alex V.; Kolka, Randall K.; Kishimoto-Mo, Ayaka W.; Chimner, Rodney A.; Ogle, Stephen; Srivastava, Nalin. 2013. Inland wetland mineral soils. In: 2013 Supplement to the 2006 IPCC guidelines for national greenhouse gas inventories: wetlands. [Place of publication unknown]: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change: 5.1-5.34. Chapter 5.
- Appendix 1: Regional summaries - Alaska
- Appendix 2: Risk-based framework and risk case studies. Risk-based framework for evaluating changes in response thresholds and vulnerabilities.
- Appendix 3: Western mountain initiative synthesis. Response of western mountain ecosystems to climatic variability and change: a synthesis from the western mountain initiative
XML: View XML