Skip to Main Content
Vegetation types on acid soils of MicronesiaAuthor(s): Marjorie C. Falanruw; Thomas G.. Cole; Craig D. Whitesell
Source: Proceedings of the Third International Soil Management Workshop on the Management and Utilization of Acid Soils of Oceania. Agricultural Experiment Station: University of Guam: 235-245
Publication Series: Paper (invited, offered, keynote)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (3.07 MB)
DescriptionThe soils and vegetation of the Caroline high islands, Federated States of Micronesia, are being mapped by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Forest Service and Soil Conservation Service. By the end of 1987, vegetation maps and reports on Kosrae, Pohnpei, Yap, four Truk Islands, and Palau are expected to be available. To compare soil types with vegetation types, vegetation maps were laid onto soils maps of these islands. There may be correlation with individual vegetation species and soil acidity, but no clear correlation was apparent between strongly acid soils and broad vegetation types within the precision of recent soil and vegetation surveys conducted in Micronesia.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFalanruw, Marjorie C.; Cole, Thomas G.; Whitesell, Craig D. 1987. Vegetation types on acid soils of Micronesia. In: Demetario, J.L.; DeGuzman, B., eds. Proceedings of the Third International Soil Management Workshop on the Management and Utilization of Acid Soils of Oceania. Agricultural Experiment Station: University of Guam: 235-245.
- Vegetation survey of Moen, Dublon, Fefan, and Eten, State of Truk, Federated States of Micronesia
- Vegetation survey of Yap, Federated States of Micronesia
- Vegetation survey of the Republic of Palau
XML: View XML