Skip to Main Content
Wood Condition Assessment Manual: Second EditionAuthor(s): Robert J. Ross; Robert H. White
Source: USDA Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory General Technical Report FPL-GTR-234, 2014
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (3.48 MB)
DescriptionThis report summarizes information on condition assessment of in-service wood, including visual inspection of wood and timbers, use of ultrasound and probing/boring techniques for inspection, and assessment of wood and timbers that have been exposed to fire. The report also includes information on assigning allowable design values for in-service wood.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRoss, Robert J.; White, Robert H. 2014. Wood Condition Assessment Manual: Second Edition. USDA Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory General Technical Report FPL-GTR-234, 2014
KeywordsWood, timbers, condition assessment, visual, coring, probing, ultrasound, post-fire assessment
- Nondestructive assessment of wood members from a historic viewing tower
- Nondestructive assessment of wood members in a viewing tower in Potawatomi State Park, Door County, Wisconsin, USA
- Species Identification and Design Value Estimation of Wooden Members in Covered Bridges
XML: View XML