Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Forests of North Dakota, 2014Author(s): D.E. Haugen; S.A. Pugh
Source: Resource Update FS-33. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: View PDF (278.49 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in North Dakota based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the North Dakota Forest Service. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. The estimates presented in this update are for the measurement year 2014 with comparisons made to data reported in 2009. In the 2014 inventory, NRS-FIA is now measuring 1/7th (14.3 percent) of the plots annually and plans to continue this, reaching a 7-year cycle in the 2020 inventory. The complete set of plots is being retained. All inventory estimates (both current and change) will continue being based on the most recent measurements taken on these plots.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaugen, D.E.; Pugh, S.A. 2014. Forests of North Dakota, 2014. Resource Update FS-33. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML