Skip to Main Content
Alaska’s timber harvest and forest products industry, 2011Author(s): Erik C. Berg; Charles B. Gale; Todd A. Morgan; Allen M. Brackley; Charles E. Keegan; Susan J. Alexander; Glenn A. Christensen; Chelsea P. McIver; Micah G. Scudder
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW GTR-903. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 39 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (985.5 KB)
DescriptionThis report traces the flow of timber harvested in Alaska during calendar year 2011, describes the composition and operations of the state’s primary forest products industry, and quantifies volumes and uses of wood fiber. Historical wood products industry changes are discussed, as well as trends in timber harvest, production, export, sales of primary wood products, employment, and emerging issues important to Alaska’s forest industry.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationBerg, Erik C.; Gale, Charles B.; Morgan, Todd A.; Brackley, Allen M.; Keegan, Charles E.; Alexander, Susan J.; Christensen, Glenn A.; McIver, Chelsea P.; Scudder, Micah G. 2014. Alaska’s timber harvest and forest products industry, 2011. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW GTR-903. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 39 p.
KeywordsAlaska, forest economics, lumber production, mill residue, primary forest products, timber products.
- Alaska's timber harvest and forest products industry, 2005
- California’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2006
- Wyoming's forest products industry and timber harvest, 2000
XML: View XML