Skip to Main Content
The Manufacturing Process of Bamboo PelletsAuthor(s): Zhijia Liu; Zehui Jiang; Zhiyong Cai; Benhua Fei; Xing'e Liu
Source: In: Proceedings of the 55th International Convention of Society of Wood Science and Technology August 27-31, 2012 - Beijing, CHINA; 14 p.
Publication Series: Full Proceedings
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (194.54 KB)
DescriptionBamboo was a kind of biomass materials and had great potential as a bio-energy resource of the future in China. The physical and combustion properties of bamboo pellets were determined and the effects of moisture content (MC) and sizes of particle on these properties were investigated in this research. The results showed that MC and sizes of particle affected these properties of bamboo pellets. The effects of MC on physical properties including length, diameter, pellet MC, unit density, bulk density were significant at p=0.05. But there were not significantly difference between particle size (PS) and all properties of bamboo pellets. The optimum manufacturing process was 16% MC and PS mixture. All properties of bamboo pellets could meet the requirement of Pellets Fuel Institute Standard Specification for Residential/Commercial Densified and the gross calorific value could also meet the minimum requirement for making commercial pellets of DIN 51731 (>17500J/g), respectively. Bamboo pellets would be the proposed new biomass solid fuel and had the potential to be development as commercial pellets.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLiu, Zhijia; Jiang, Zehui; Cai, Zhiyong; Fei, Benhua; Liu, Xing'e. 2012. The Manufacturing Process of Bamboo Pellets. In: Proceedings of the 55th International Convention of Society of Wood Science and Technology August 27-31, 2012 - Beijing, CHINA; 14 p.
KeywordsBiomass, Bio-energy, Bamboo, Bamboo pellet, Physical property
- Important properties of bamboo pellets to be used as commercial solid fuel in China
- Effects of carbonization conditions on properties of bamboo pellets
- Comparative Properties of Bamboo and Rice Straw Pellets
XML: View XML