Skip to Main Content
Forests of Iowa, 2014Author(s): Mark D. Nelson; Matt Brewer; Brett J. Butler; Scott A. Pugh
Source: Resource Update FS-34. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: View PDF (738.76 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in Iowa based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. This report includes inventory years 2009-2014 (2014) with comparisons made to 2005-2009 (2009). The current data consist of 634 field plots on forest land, with about 20 percent of plots measured each year.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNelson, Mark D.; Brewer, Matt; Butler, Brett J.; Pugh , Scott A. 2015. Forests of Iowa, 2014. Resource Update FS-34. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML