Skip to Main Content
Herbaceous weed control in loblolly pine plantations using flazasulfuronAuthor(s): Andrew W. Ezell; Jimmie L. Yeiser
Source: In Proceedings of the 17th biennial southern silvicultural research conference. e–Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–203. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 7 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings - Paper (PR-P)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (156.03 KB)
DescriptionA total of 13 treatments were applied at four sites (two in Mississippi and two in Texas) to evaluate the efficacy of flazasulfuron applied alone or in mixtures for providing control of herbaceous weeds. All sites were newly established loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) plantations. Plots were evaluated monthly until 180 days after treatment. No phytotoxicity on pine seedlings was observed. Overall, flazasulfuron has potential for use in forestry herbaceous weed control applications but only in mixtures with other products.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEzell, Andrew W.; Yeiser, Jimmie L. 2015. Herbaceous weed control in loblolly pine plantations using flazasulfuron. In Proceedings of the 17th biennial southern silvicultural research conference. e–Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–203. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 7 p.
- Effectiveness of Glyphosate Mixed With Soil-Active Herbicides
- Loblolly pine growth following operational vegetation management treatments compares favorably to that achieved in complete vegetation control research trials
- Split-season herbaceous weed control for full-season seedling performance
XML: View XML