Skip to Main Content
National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2013Author(s): K. M. Wilkinson; D. L. Haase; J. R. Pinto
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-72. 79 p. Available at: http://www.fs.fed.us/rm/pubs/rmrs_p072.html
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (5.94 MB)
DescriptionThese proceedings are a compilation of 14 papers that were presented at the regional meetings of the forest and conservation nursery associations in the United States in 2013. The Joint Northeast and Southern Forest Nursery Conference was held at the Holiday Inn City Centre, Lafayette, Indiana, July 22 to 25, 2013. Subject matter for the technical sections included nursery fertilization, black walnut research, and exploring the threat of hybrid Phytopthoras (and how to prevent this). Field trips included tours of the Purdue Department of Forestry and Natural Resources, the Hardwood Tree Improvement and Regeneration Center plantings, the Martell Forest-Wright Forestry Center, ArborAmerica, and Vallonia Nursery. The meeting of the Western Forest and Conservation Nursery Association was held at the Red Lion Hotel, Olympia, Washington, August 6 to 7, 2013. Subject matter for the sessions was themed around management of soils, growing media, and roots in the production of forest and conservation seedlings. This included tree pathology, Methyl Bromide alternatives, mycofiltration technology, photoperiod manipulation, fertilization, root zone heating, evaluating alternative growing media components and conducting effective research in the nursery. The meeting was hosted by the Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR). An afternoon field trip included tours of Washington DNR's Meridian Seed Orchard, Lawyer Nursery, and Washington DNR's Webster Nursery. Evening presentations centered around the local area, historic shellfish growing, and tree farms.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWilkinson, K. M.; Haase, D. L.; Pinto, J. R., technical coordinators. 2014. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2013. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. Proc. RMRS-P-72. 79 p. Available at: http://www.fs.fed.us/rm/pubs/rmrs_p072.html
Keywordsbarefoot nursery, container nursery, nursery practices, fertilization, pest management, seeds, reforestation, restoration, tree physiology, hardwood species, native species
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2011
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2008
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2007
XML: View XML