Skip to Main Content
Forests of Missouri, 2014Author(s): Ronald J. Piva; Thomas B. Treiman
Source: Resource Update FS-40. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: Download Publication (482.21 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in Missouri based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station (NRS) in cooperation with the Missouri Department of Conservation. Estimates are based on field data collected using the annualized sample design and are updated yearly. The estimates presented in this update are for the inventory years 2009-2014 (2014) with comparisons made to 2005-2009 (2009). In 2014, NRS-FIA changed to a 7-year inventory cycle, wherein 1/7th (14.3 percent) of the plots will be measured annually. All inventory estimates (both current and change) will continue being based on the most recent measurements taken on these plots. As the 7-year cycle is phased in, the difference between the report year and average date of the recent data will increase from 2 to 3 years.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPiva, Ronald J.; Treiman, Thomas B. 2015. Forests of Missouri, 2014. Resource Update FS-40. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML