Skip to Main Content
Bird checklist, Guánica Biosphere Reserve, Puerto RicoAuthor(s): Wayne J. Arendt; John Faaborg; Miguel Canals; Jerry Bauer
Source: Research Note SRS-23. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 23 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (18.0 MB)
DescriptionThis research note compiles 43 years of research and monitoring data to produce the first comprehensive checklist of the dry forest avian community found within the Guánica Biosphere Reserve. We provide an overview of the reserve along with sighting locales, a list of 185 birds with their resident status and abundance, and a list of the available bird habitats. Photographs of habitats and some of the bird species are included.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationArendt, W. J.; Faaborg, J.; Canals, M.; and Bauer, J. 2015. Bird checklist, Guánica Biosphere Reserve, Puerto Rico. Research Note SRS-23. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 23 p.
KeywordsAvian community, bird checklist, Guánica Biosphere Reserve, Puerto Rico
- The Use of Avian Focal Species for Conservation Planning in California
- Developing management guidelines for cerulean warbler breeding habitat
- A field protocol to monitor cavity-nesting birds
XML: View XML