Skip to Main Content
Calibrating and Updating the Global Forest Products Model (GFPM version 2014 with BPMPD)Author(s): Joseph Buongiorno; Shushuai Zhu
Source: Staff Paper Series #81. Department of Forest and Wildlife Ecology, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.86 MB)
DescriptionThe Global Forest Products Model (GFPM) is an economic model of global production, consumption, and trade of forest products. An earlier version of the model is described in Buongiorno et al. (2003). The GFPM 2014 has data and parameters to simulate changes of the forest sector from 2010 to 2030. Buongiorno and Zhu (2014) describe how to use the model for simulation. Like the simulation procedures, the base-year calibration procedure described here uses the BPMPD optimizer (Mészáros 1999) to represent market equilibria
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBuongiorno, J., S. Zhu. 2014. Calibrating and updating the Global Forest Products Model (GFPM version 2014 with BPMP). Staff Paper Series #81. Department of Forest and Wildlife Ecology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 29 p.
- Calibrating and updating the Global Forest Products Model (GFPM version 2016 with BPMPD)
- Global modelling to predict timber production and prices: the GFPM approach
- Using the Global Forest Products Model (GFPM version 2016 with BPMPD)
XML: View XML