Skip to Main Content
Two new species of Oobius Trjapitzin (Hymenoptera, Encyrtidae) egg parasitoids of Agrilus spp. (Coleoptera, Buprestidae) from the USA, including a key and taxonomic notes on other congeneric Nearctic taxaAuthor(s): Serguei V. Triapitsyn; Toby R. Petrice; Michael W. Gates; Leah S. Bauer
Source: ZooKeys. 498: 29-50.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (4.29 MB)
DescriptionOobius Trjapitzin (Hymenoptera, Encyrtidae) species are egg parasitoids that are important for the biological control of some Buprestidae and Cerambycidae (Coleoptera). Two species, O. agrili Zhang & Huang and O. longoi (Siscaro), were introduced into North America for classical biocontrol and have successfully established. Two new native North American species that parasitize eggs of Agrilus spp. (Buprestidae) are described and illustrated from the USA: O. minusculus Triapitsyn & Petrice, sp. n. (Michigan), an egg parasitoid of both A. subcinctus Gory on ash (Fraxinus spp.) and A. egenus Gory on black locust (Robinia pseudoacacia L.) trees, and O. whiteorum Triapitsyn, sp. n. (Pennsylvania), an egg parasitoid of A. anxius Gory on European white birch (Betula pendula Roth). A taxonomic key and notes on the Nearctic native and introduced Oobius species are also included.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTriapitsyn, Serguei V.; Petrice, Toby R.; Gates, Michael W.; Bauer, Leah S. 2015. Two new species of Oobius Trjapitzin (Hymenoptera, Encyrtidae) egg parasitoids of Agrilus spp. (Coleoptera, Buprestidae) from the USA, including a key and taxonomic notes on other congeneric Nearctic taxa. ZooKeys. 498: 29-50.
KeywordsEmerald ash borer, new species, congener identification key, Oobius agrili, Nearctic, egg parasitoid, biological control
- Deer prefer pine seedlings growing near black locust
- Parasitoid communities of two invading leafminers of black locust in Hungary: first year results
- Using trees on reclaimed mined lands in southern Illinois
XML: View XML