Skip to Main Content
The diversity of wildernessAuthor(s): H. Ken Cordell
Source: International Journal of Wilderness
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (525.87 KB)
DescriptionMy research group examined the degree to which ecosystems are represented within the National Wilderness Preservation System (NWPS). It is important to step back now and then to examine various indicators of the importance of wilderness, including ecosystem representation from swamps to highest snow-covered peaks.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationCordell, H. Ken. 2012. The diversity of wilderness. International Journal of Wilderness, 18(2): 15-25. 8 p.
- The role of wilderness protection and societal engagement as indicators of well-being: An examination of change at the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- State-of-the-wilderness reporting in Ontario: models, tools and techniques
- The natural ecological value of wilderness
XML: View XML