Second Forest Vegetation Simulator Conference; February 12-14, 2002; Fort Collins, CO.Author(s): Nicholas L. Crookston; Robert N. Havis
Source: RMRS-P-25. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 208 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (4.31 MB)
DescriptionThe Forest Vegetation Simulator (FVS) is a computer program that projects the development of forest stands in the United States and British Columbia, Canada. The proceedings of the second FVS conference, held in Fort Collins, CO, includes 34 papers dealing with applications of FVS that range from the stand-level through full-scale landscape analyses. Forecasts ranging from wildlife habitat indicators through economic returns on investments take into account the effects of insects, pathogens, and fire. Also presented are recent advances in computer visualization technology, the analysis of model prediction uncertainty, model development techniques, software support tools, and the reconstruction of historical stand conditions.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCrookston, Nicholas L.; Havis, Robert N., comps. 2002. Second Forest Vegetation Simulator Conference; February 12-14, 2002; Fort Collins, CO. RMRS-P-25. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 208 p.
Keywordsforest management, forest planning, landscape dynamics, vegetation dynamics, prognosis model, visualization, growth and yield, forest health, habitat modeling
- Development of external regeneration models for FVS: Another wrench in the toolkit
- Third Forest Vegetation Simulator Conference; 2007 February 13-15; Fort Collins, CO
- Proceeding of the 2017 Forest vegetation simulator (FVS) e-Conference
XML: View XML