Skip to Main Content
Forests of Wisconsin, 2014Author(s): Charles H. Perry
Source: Resource Update FS-43. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: View PDF (556.53 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in Wisconsin based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR). Data estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. The estimates presented in this update are for the measurement year 2014. For annual inventory years in Wisconsin 2001-2013, the cycle length was equal to 5 years; beginning in 2014, the cycle length was changed to 7 years. The sample plot population for Wisconsin in 2014 consists of 12,141 plots using the annualized sampling and estimation procedures, collected across a period of 6 years (part of 2009, plus all of 2010-2014). Growth, removals, and mortality estimates are based on 6 years of data from 11,588 resampled plots. The data used in this publication were accessed from the FIA's national information management system in January and February, 2015.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPerry, Charles H. 2015. Forests of Wisconsin, 2014. Resource Update FS-43. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML