Skip to Main Content
A bibliography for Quercus garryana and other geographically associated and botanically related oaks.Author(s): Constance A. Harrington; Melanie A. Kallas
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-554. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 115 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (3.61 MB)
DescriptionInterest in Quercus garryana Dougl. ex Hook., commonly known as Oregon white oak or Garry oak, has increased in recent years as scientists, resource managers, and the general public focus attention on a forest type in decline. To aid those interested in learning what has previously been reported on this species, we have compiled a comprehensive bibliography for Q. garryana. This bibliography includes articles published in scientific or technical journals, accepted theses and dissertations, published or widely distributed documents from federal and state organizations, published conference proceedings (as well as chapters from those proceedings), and books (including chapters or articles in edited books). The citations pertain primarily to Q. garryana. Some references pertaining to geographically associated oaks, Q. alba L. (an eastern species closely related to Q. garryana), and general information about the genus Quercus also are included. There are 488 citations that refer to Q. garryana, 191 that pertain to geographically associated oaks, 131 that pertain to Q. alba, and 27 general oak citations. A section entitled ?Topics and Keywords? is included to facilitate searching the paper copy of the bibliography for topics of interest. This section lists the citations that pertain to each topic. Keywords are provided for each citation. This bibliography also is available as a portable document format (PDF) file and as an online searchable database.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHarrington, Constance A.; Kallas, Melanie A., comp. 2002. A bibliography for Quercus garryana and other geographically associated and botanically related oaks. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-554. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 115 p
KeywordsBibliography, Quercus garryana, Quercus alba, California oaks.
- Fire in restoration of Oregon white oak woodlands
- Changes in Oregon white oak (Quercus garryana Dougl. ex Hook) following release from overtopping conifers.
- Mycorrhizas on nursery and field seedlings of Quercus garryana
XML: View XML