Nanocomposite film prepared by depositing xylan on cellulose nanowhiskers matrixAuthor(s): Qining Sun; Anurag Mandalika; Thomas Elder; Sandeep S. Nair; Xianzhi Meng; Fang Huang; Art J. Ragauskas
Source: Green Chemistry
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
View PDF (3.75 MB)
DescriptionNovel bionanocomposite films have been prepared by depositing xylan onto cellulose nanowhiskers through a pH adjustment. Analysis of strength properties, water vapour transmission, transparency, surface morphology and thermal decomposition showed the enhancement of film performance. This provides a new green route to the utilization of biomass for sustainable biomaterials production.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSun, Qining; Mandalika, Anurag; Elder, Thomas; Nair, Sandeep S.; Meng, Xianzhi; Huang, Fang; Ragauskas, Art J. 2014. Nanocomposite film prepared by depositing xylan on cellulose nanowhiskers matrix. Green Chemistry, 16:3458-3462. 5 p.
- Moisture barrier properties of xylan composite films
- High oxygen nanocomposite barrier films based on xylan and nanocrystalline cellulose
- Biopolymer nanocomposite films reinforced with nanocellulose whiskers
XML: View XML